Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Bonne nuit, mes amis
After much procrastination (well, 5 minutes worth, maybe), I have decided to cease with my poor neglected little blog. At least for now, anyway
Basically, I'm too lazy and too boring to think of anything particularly scintillating and re-hashing my same old neuroses and drunken nights out seems a bit redundant all of a sudden
I'll still float around and read everyone else's blogs (you all have MUCH more interesting lives than I do anyway!) but that'll be it
Unless, of course, I get inspired and post again in a week. Stranger things have happened!
Bec xo
posted by Bug @ 1:16 pm  
16 Rantings:
  • At 7:08 pm, Blogger Léonie said…

    Listen here young lady.
    I think you should maybe write one post per week.. just to let us know what's going on with you.
    I love reading what you write and I feel like you're my friend and now you won't be updating and stuff and.. (deep breath)..
    Why would you want to make me cry? Why?
    (What? Me? Guilt trip? Never!)

     
  • At 9:04 pm, Blogger Bug said…

    I'll miss my blog, love, and I feel like you're my friend too! But I also feel pretty self-indulgent writing here so I'll have to see

    Chances are I'll just HAVE to talk about myself at some stage :)

     
  • At 9:22 pm, Blogger chindi said…

    I agree with leonie. how are we to keep the dynamic duo, and our trusty butler together? I think a scolding is in order.

     
  • At 1:04 am, Blogger Anon said…

    I've only just started to read your blog and now you want to take that away from me! (I’m acting like a petulant child I know, but I like getting my way damn it!) :)

     
  • At 8:41 am, Blogger Bug said…

    Well now I just feel bad :)

    I'll have to think up interesting things though! Although when the warmer weather comes out, so does randomness, so maybe I'll get interesting again...

     
  • At 9:09 pm, Blogger Léonie said…

    Guilt tripping. Works every time. (cackles)
    So jealous that you are about to go into summer. Stupid two-week English summer with rain in it.

     
  • At 12:44 am, Blogger chindi said…

    If I have to find out where you live and start a picket line with Leonie and C to get you to post, I...we will.

     
  • At 4:55 am, Blogger Anon said…

    HELL NO, WE WON'T GO!

    HELL NO, WE WON'T GO!

     
  • At 6:46 am, Blogger Kelly said…

    But you just got the pretty makeover.

    Leonie - so get where you are coming from. Thunder, lightning and torrential rain. It's August!

    Please stay :o)

     
  • At 8:33 am, Blogger Bug said…

    I love my city. Put it this way: yesterday, being August 25th, was still technically winter, but it was 20 degrees and I had my lunch in the closest park - lovely!

     
  • At 11:50 am, Blogger Cecilia said…

    Seeing as you revealed your real name, I think I can call you 'Bex' now. Although I am most unimpressed by the continued reference to 'Australia's golden couple' (vomit-vomit) as 'Lleyton and Bex', not only using my own personal name for you but also drawing parallels with the UKs own 'Posh and Becks'. But anyway, that was just an aside.

    So Bex, I had an idea while reading about the earth-shattering news that you are going to abandon your blog. Yes, an idea not related to moss, grazing, fire or waitressing. Wonders will never cease! I am joining Leonie, Dough and C in my outcry for you not to cease, because then I'll have to ring you more often to keep up with your news!!! And no, this isn't as bitchy and lazy as it sounds - our schedules are going to clash even more now I've got uni during the day and work at night. Why don't you turn your blog into a bit of a co-operative? I know that the whole point of a blog is for a personalised page, and it still would be Lady Bug's random rants, but maybe it could be Lady Bug's and occasionally her ladies-in-waiting? I would definately love the chance to rant every so often, yet interesting things worth posting don't happen that frequently to me so there is no point me having one by myself. I reckon Boo would be in on it too. And maybe your brother could add some comments, and even that boy with Japanse girlfriends (I can't remember his code name!).

    Have a think. It's got to be better than stopping the blog altogether!!

     
  • At 11:53 am, Blogger Cecilia said…

    Oh gosh, I'm very sorry I just did a typo and called 'Doug' 'Dough'. Sorry, sorry, sorry. Am speed typing in a uni computer lab so I can shut down this so obviously not uni-work-related screen and stop reinforcing my fellow students belief that I am a ditzy girl not Seriously Devoted To My Studies.

     
  • At 1:59 pm, Blogger Bug said…

    I think the fact that you're doing your PhD (Phd? PHD? That complicated thing they're paying you for, anyway) in MOSSES shows that you are nothing if not dedicated to your studies! They're just stupid. At least these ones aren't bollocking on about existentialism though

    And I have no problem with you joining on if you want, my love. I'll see if I can work out how to do that

    I've not heard or seen a reference to Lleyton and "Bex", but she can bugger off. A) she's blonde, B) she released a CRAP single, C) she broke up with a spunk for an un-spunk and D) that's MY name!!! With my workies as well as with you

    Must admit, I giggled at "Dough". Sorry, Doug!

     
  • At 7:42 pm, Blogger Léonie said…

    That's a great idea. Otherwise Doug, C and I are going to get very sore virtual legs from all that virtual marching up and down waving vitual placards.
    A blogging collective - like Career Woman and Housewife before they went away somewhere (where did they go?).
    And who are these Aussie celebrities? Why have they stolen your name? Why haven't I heard of them? I have so many questions. Cecilia, you sound clever - can you help?

     
  • At 10:01 pm, Blogger chindi said…

    I have been called worse things than dough.

    I agree that a collaberation would be great. You can graduate from the batcave to wherever the fatastice four hang out.

    Leonie, I wish I knew what happened to Career Woman and Housewife. I think Dr. Doom kidnapped them.

     
  • At 10:59 pm, Blogger Bug said…

    Well, isn't Career Woman either ABOUT to get married or JUST got married? Potentially they're just too busy with the wedding. But yes, miss their blog!

    Cec is VERY clever. The smartest person I know

    You've not heard of Lleyton Hewitt, the tennis player. World number 2 or 3, I think. Was number 1. He's a blonde dork who all Australians (except me, and obviously Cec) seem to adore. He married a (21-year-old, 5 months pregnant) soap star a month or so back (she played Hayley on Home and Away, if you watch it)

    They're so boring. They're EVERYWHERE and I'm SICK of them!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates