Saturday, May 07, 2005
Ok, all better now!
Wow. That was a grumpy-arse post! Why did someone not slap me and say, "cheer the fuck up, Bug!"?
So about 18 months ago I was head over heels in crush with this bartender, Taylor (I have a bartender fetish. Understandable when you think that they're keeping my drinks coming. I came to terms with it ages ago. Deal with it). He wasn't even terribly cute but his personality MADE him cute, if that makes sense. He seemed so nice, so chatty, so shy, almost. And then he moved interstate, leaving me slightly heart-broken (not totally, it was only a crush. Real heart break was the SOE. And I don't want to think about him, even though I do all the time)
But he moved back here after only nine months or so and I happened to see him out one night, we swapped numbers again and started messaging
* if you're reading, Mum, GO AWAY NOW. SKIP THIS POST. This is NOT something you want to know *
Hmm, turns out he wasn't so shy after all. Turns OUT that he was completely open to messaging me about what he wanted to do to me, and me to him. Despite his girlfriend. Of about 9 years. Men suck. ANYway, to cut a LOOOOOONG story (and potential future post) short, I used to be kind of wild (as much as you can be without drugs, which I've never touched and will never touch. Call me nerdy if you like. I ain't touchin' 'em) and I did NOT tell him where to go (which I know I should've, knowing about the girlfriend) and he drove to my house one night, I climbed out the window, and we went down to the park and, erm, made quite a bit of noise. After that, we've messaged every now and then, he still makes me drinks now and I moved on to other people (there are SO many reasons why I don't act the way I used to. Please don't despise me. And please, please, PLEASE do not be reading this, Mum)
But anyway. He messaged me this morning out of the blue (at 7.30am. I SLEEP at 7.30am. What is this? I don't work days! Like I'm going to get up before at least 10am!) and wanted to know what I was doing. I told him that I was hanging out at home and then he wanted to know a) whether I was home alone and b) "what size are your tits?"
THE BOY (man?) HAS A GIRLFRIEND. WHOM (who?) HE LIVES WITH! Men SUCK!
I didn't reply, which I thought was answer enough and then he sent me a message about 5 hours later saying "you know, it really hurts me when you don't answer my texts". MEN SUCK! I am getting GUILT TRIPPED by the guy trying to cheat on his LIVE-IN GIRLFRIEND, of TEN YEARS????
WHY are men the way they are?? And if, as I know someone will say, not ALL men are, I'm just meeting the wrong ones, how do I meet the RIGHT ones??
Just grr
I kind of had my faith restored a little tonight though. I figured, I've just had half a litre of blood drained from my body, why not replace it with alcohol? It is, after all, Fridya night (it's not misspelled, it's from Sabrina the Teenage Witch. It's funny) and what are Fridya nights for, if not drinking?
So I was at the Mayf, where I used to practically LIVE (although it kind of sucks now) and there were these guys there doing tequila shots by snorting the salt and drinking the tequila through their eyes. I know, I didn't get it either. But there was this girl there, and without trying to sound mean, she wasn't very attractive. She was short and more than a little plump (oh, let's say fat) and not pretty at all and dressed in trackies and just generally not someone who'd be picked up in a bar. Well, one of these guys, who was really nice looking in a 19-year-old kind of way, just started talking to her (prompting one of his mates to yell out "beer goggles, mate! Beer goggles!". Bastard. Like he was a prize) and then introduced himself to her friends and brought them all over to his group and bought them a round! I just loved the fact that he didn't care what she looked like, he'd obviously just decided that she was a good chick and that he was going to hang out with her - how nice is that??
So my goal is to meet a guy like that, although preferably one who's at least my age, who hopefully would NOT either cheat on me or expect me to help him cheat on his current girlfriend (or girlfriends, in the case of the SOE), who would just be a good, tolerant sort of guy
If you find one, please send him my way!
p.s. You know what always makes me giggle? My Dad, who (whom? I'll never get it right) I live with, pretends to hate Attila the Puss, with some reason, since Till has ripped his leather couches to bits. But when he thinks no-one's looking, or when he's had a couple of beers and doesn't care, he'll rumble with him for ages and pat him and smile at him indulgently and even sometimes snuggle with him while watching the TV. It's so sweet :)
posted by Bug @ 12:59 am  
0 Rantings:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates