Tuesday, April 26, 2005
A tribute to Arnie, the best man in the WORLD
. . . and no he's not my boyfriend. Or a relative. He's a really, really good friend whom I just ADORE. He's a bouncer and looks it, all tree trunk sized thighs and massive biceps and hugely tall and shaved head and dresses in black. You know the look

But Arnie's the best guy I've ever met (with the possible exception of my brother, who's a fucking cool kid, really)

I was out with Boo on Saturday night - duh, Bug, you WROTE about it! - and when the evening was winding down it went kind of pear-shaped (for a reason I'm not going into now, still feeling rocky about it - and no it wasn't because of PSYCHOTIC DONKEY CLIFF) and I had a leeeeetle bit of a meltdown. And I don't cry. Ever. Well I cry sometimes cos EVERYone cries sometimes but it's a really rare thing for me to do. Although I did cry at the finale of Dawson's Creek. But come on! Jen died!! ANYway, even though he was meant to be bouncing out the front of his club, Arnie came over to see me and gave me a monster hug (he DEFINITELY gives the best hugs ever. EVER) and let me sit in his (really comfy) car till I calmed down and called me 'tiger' and basically just looked after me and made me feel halfway worthy again

And I went to see him this afternoon and he wanted to know how I was feeling now and gave me a little shoulder squeeze and generally just disproved the whole thuggish bouncer thing (which I've seen him pull - scary with a capital SHIT!)

Best man alive, just fantabulous. If I was in love with him, that'd be gnarly. Unfortunately I'm not but I really, really, REALLY adore him

Just thought I'd say so
posted by Bug @ 11:49 pm  
0 Rantings:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates