Wednesday, April 20, 2005
Viva la bombshell
Anyone who's ever met me knows how much I love Marilyn Monroe and the old movies and musicals, and so I was watching Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (possibly the best movie in the WORLD, ever) last night and I realised something:

You know how Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell are bombshells? Women with a capital W? I'm not like that! It's just not in my make-up! Sure I swing my hips when I walk (my Nanna always said I walked arrogantly) but that's more because I'm rushing everywhere. And I do have good posture (the only noticeable thing to have come out of my ballet classes - can't even SPELL the steps anymore, let alone do them!). But you know how that type of Woman just has men prostrating themselves at her feet so her shoes don't get wet? Yeah, not me. I'll chuck on some eyeliner and a bit of lip gloss but I can't be bothered with the whole package the way a Bombshell can

Clothes? Not really interested (I tend to dress mostly in black, at least that way there's no chance I can clash)
Fashion magazines? Nope (although I LURVE a couple of the trashy Hollywood gossip ones)
Hairdos? Hardly! (I may love my straightener, it means it takes me ten minutes to have normal hair - doesn't mean I have fancy hair)
And I DO flirt. A lot. Constantly, really. Although I'm going to defend myself by saying that I don't always mean to - I'm just kind of touchy-feely and most of my friends are guys anyway so . . . but yes. I flirt. But I don't do it as well as Jane and Marilyn do! They had lovely men offering them diamonds and marriage and whatever. I get offered one-night-stands a lot

Blah

So how do I become a bombshell? If anyone wants to give me lessons, tips, pointers, I'm HAPPY to take them
posted by Bug @ 12:29 am  
0 Rantings:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates