Wednesday, April 13, 2005
I realised something scary today
My cat? Attila the Puss? He does more with his day than I do. I mean, he can't go for a drive or hang out laundry or try new make-up (although sometimes, watching him watching me, I think he quite fancies my black eyeshadow. And there was The Nail Polish Incident. Oh I laughed), but for a start, he gets up at LEAST three hours before I do. He only eats three times a day (though he'd eat constantly if he had the choice, I'm sure of it) AND he exercises it off IMMEDIATELY by doing laps of the underside of my bed
- must interrupt myself to describe, cos OH it's funny! Attila will lie under my ensemble base, hook his claws into the lining thingie and whip around the entire queen-sized frame in about three seconds, dragging himself along on his back. He does this about four times in a row, probably twice a night; he's like a little furry P-plater trying to drag an imaginary VL Commodore -
before he gives me a quick, suffocating cuddle (across my neck, as you do) and races out of the room to fight those terribly vicious predators, the $1 from the pet shop fluffy catnip toy mice
Whereas I get up at the crack of 11am, make breakfast (lunch? brunch?) then sit on the computer for an hour or four. After that I might go for a leeeeeetle drive, and I'll probably talk to Boo for a while, and there'll almost certainly be some reading but besides that? Nada. I'm rarely getting to the gym (although I'm eating like a beatch at the moment!), even though I'm still paying membership fees. And I've had a couple of interviews but I REALLY need to pull my finger out and seriously think about a new job because I'm RUNNING OUT OF MONEY, and that's NEVER a good thing. Especially when I just found a great wad of new shoes I want!
Motivate me! Someone, anyone, get me motivated!
p.s. Oh, forgot to say, I did the WEIRDEST thing today! I pulled my car door shut by the outside frame and ended up jamming my hand in the door. Not that weird, I hear you say? Want to bet?? I had managed to SHUT the door, completely, with my hand still stuck between the door and the car. How does that happen?? I felt like Elastigirl from The Incredibles!! To anyone driving past, there'd have just been a normal-looking car with a CLOSED DOOR but with four FINGERS hanging out of it - !!! Much weirdness
posted by Bug @ 6:40 pm  
0 Rantings:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates