Thursday, April 14, 2005
Well, there's a first time for everything!
Ok, so you need to know something about me: I have a long and complicated driving history
For a start, while all my friends have full, unrestricted licences (and therefore can drink - a little - and drive, damn it!), I am only 6 months into my provisional licence. I am a P-PLATER!! And that should really give me the irrits because my sister's friends are P-platers and they're 17! But no, I'm really, really, REALLY happy to have my P-plates cos it took me 3 and a half GODDAMN YEARS to GET THEM! I didn't get my learner licence when I turned 16 like everyone expected me to, mostly BECAUSE everyone expected me to - if you ever meet me, keep that in mind: push me to do something and I'll do the exact bloody opposite, most likely. But anyway. I only got my Ls when I was 18 because I needed ID. And I stayed on my Ls until October last year (read: WELL into being 21). Not through lack of trying though!
In the first year of my being licenced I went for my test twice and failed twice. Bastards
Then the rules were changed and I had to log 50 hours with a licenced driver before I could even re-test!
Did that (after a year or 2!)
Went for a test again in August. Failed
Went for another test in September. Failed
Went for my fifth, final fucking test in October and PASSED, GODDAMN IT! I KISSED my tester when he said I was through! Thank GOD! At LAST!
The thing is, I'm actually a good driver - I don't speed (I tend to go AT the speed limit and I REALLY hate slow-pokes who drive at, say, 60km on the highway), I always indicate, I brake for pedestrians, I slow down in the rain. You know? I'm ok! I'm safe on the road! In the 4 years I've been driving (cos even with my Ls I drove a LOT) I've never been pulled over for ANYTHING besides random breath tests and the like. I drive legally. No speeding tickets, no fines, no points lost, I've never crashed (not really, anyway). Nothing
UNTIL TODAY
I was on my way to a friend's house this afternoon and noticed a policeman with a speed camera waving me over. I checked and I was doing 60 and it was a 60 zone so all good. I pulled into the street and had another - quite handsome - policeman come over and tell me it was a school zone (as in 40kms between 2.30-4) and it was 2.40. Bugger shit damn. But being the LOVELIEST policeman in the WHOLE WORLD he only gave me a caution. He even wrote on the ticket that I was going 6kms slower than I actually had been so that no-one could possibly contest it. Lovely man, just LOVELY
I had been planning to drive my entire life without getting a single ticket EVER but I suppose that's gone. Although I can still say I've had NO fines, NO points lost. HA HA HA!
(God, there's just something about policeman that make me nervous and shaky and start to rabbit on about ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Witness this ENTIRE entry. Sorry!)
Gah!
posted by Bug @ 4:44 pm  
0 Rantings:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates