Thursday, May 26, 2005
Well. That was creepy!
I woke up like a startled earwig at 4am because there was an awful, horrible, scary wailing coming from outside my bedroom window. Attila the Puss, who sleeps on my feet, was awake as well and dashed under my curtains to stand on the window sill and peer out at whatever was making the terrible noise
Now, I love horror movies. Love them love them love them. I watch them whenever I can. And I know the rules of horror movies. The MAIN one being DON'T INVESTIGATE A STRANGE NOISE!!
So what did I do? I went outside, didn't I? I crept outside in my jammies (out to where it was about 2 degrees, brr) and went to the front of the house (where my bedroom is) without even taking a weapon or SLIPPERS or anything. I don't know what I'd planned to do, punch the demon from hell making that noise? Give them a noogie? I don't know
Anyway, I walked around the house and realised that the godawful, blood-curdling screaming was actually a couple of cats. In heat. In front of my bedroom. If you've ever had a female cat, you know how AWFUL that wailing is. Now, imagine TWO of them trying to outdo each other to impress my Cassanova of a puss. Yeah. Loud
See, Tilly is well overdue to have his bits chopped but I'm waiting for a full time job so I can AFFORD it and he's an indoor cat anyway, so it's not like he's going to knock up all the neighbourhood cats
So even though Attila hadn't done anything to set these yowling cats off (he'd been keeping my toes warm, after all), his rugged, masculine, unchopped kitty-kat voodoo vibes had somehow seeped out of the house and turned the neighbourhood floozies into the banshee impersonators they were. Ah, my cat, Attila the Stud Muffin
I stood at my gate and yelled "SHUT UP SHUT UP" at them until they went away. Must've been great for the neighbours, but at least I got back to sleep!
posted by Bug @ 3:36 pm  
3 Rantings:
  • At 4:22 am, Blogger chindi said…

    When I moved into the town I live in, I kept waking up to this horrible screaming noise. It sounded like a kid screamming "momma". I was freaked out until I relaized it was the 400 cats in heat running around town.

     
  • At 7:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why not pimp out your cat to the lady cats to them to help him earn the money for his own..adjustment operation? it'll teach him the value of money and..other useful things

     
  • At 9:53 pm, Blogger Bug said…

    I don't think Attila would appreciate being violated :) I rescued him as a feral (yeah, literally feral) kitten and he knows NOTHING about being a normal cat! He was looking at these dopey cats out the front like "what are you DOING?". I would've laughed if it hadn't been 4am!

    And Doug, you're right, they did kind of sound like kids screaming! Weirdest noise I've ever heard

    As for pimping him out, not that I don't totally fancy myself as a madam, but although he's cute, this is a cat who walks head first into the wall almost every day. I don't think those genes should be reproduced!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates