Friday, May 13, 2005
Oh dear. Reality
It's been about seven weeks since I quit my could-do-it-with-my-eyes-shut job to find a more challenging and interesting position (see that? That's interview speak. See what I've been doing for most of the seven weeks?) and while I survived on my untaken holiday pay-out for about five weeks and have been working nights (I repeat, no, not as a prostitute, Hangman) which gives me a little money to, you know, LIVE on, the vicious reality of what I did by quitting hit very hard today:
My credit card was declined. Maxed out. As in, even the OVERDRAUGHT is spent
I'm not even USING my credit card. All I was trying to do was put $10 petrol in my car and I couldn't. It wasn't too embarrassing cos I did have a little cash in my savings (like, $110) so I could pay but AAAAAAAARRRRGGGHH! PHONE BILLS! CAR PAYMENTS! CAR INSURANCE! HEALTH INSURANCE!
AND, $50 has gone missing from my savings. I don't know who's taken it but I WANT IT BACK!
Don't get me wrong, I still have NO regrets about quitting, it was the right thing for me to do, but I need a full time job! I WANT a full time job! I'm a good worker, I'm smart, I'm great with computers, I make friends with customers - SOMEONE HIRE ME!
posted by Bug @ 5:53 pm  
1 Rantings:
  • At 7:36 pm, Blogger Léonie said…

    They will hire you.. it's so shit being unemployed.. Let's hunt down who nicked your money and kick them really hard in the shins..
    Hang in there xx

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates