Wednesday, May 11, 2005
Oh god, more food . . .
So evidently I'm a hard person to buy presents for (not that I'm a greedy present-grabber, kind of the opposite, actually) because not 1, not 2, but 3 people had no idea what to buy me for my birthday yesterday so they fed me!

It turns out that Cecilia's surprise was a river cruise from the waterfront to a vineyard about half an hour away (by "high speed catamaran", anyway. 10 minutes by car), then a couple of hours drinking wine and eating cheese (and that was great for me cos besides the fact that I LURVE cheese - you know, being a greedy guts and all! - Cecil loathes and despises wine, so I had hers as well!), then cruising on back to the waterfront for gelati

THEN she dropped me off at my favourite pub where I was meeting
Boo, who had a cocktail waiting for me (free from the owner of the pub, since we are GOOD customers who give them LOTS of our money almost every day), had the new bartender (not a potential perve, alas) invent another cocktail just for my birthday, and then took me out for dinner, where I stuffed myself SILLY on beef and napoli ragout with parpadelle pasta and had the BEST cocktail in the ENTIRE WORLD (which really needs a picture to explain it. I'll have to work out how to send it from my phone to the net)

And tonight, Mum and
my brother and I are going to a new, ultra-posh restaurant in a converted warehouse (also on the waterfront. Everything's on the waterfront here!), where I will no doubt eat too much again

I have to say, I love food as much as possible (my family, which I really have to post about sometime, is like an Italian TV family, all food and wine and family secrets and more food, and maybe just a little more wine. Oh, but we're not Italian) but my LORD! I'm getting FAT!!

And I'm STILL being slack and not going to the gym. But Daddy bought me a pack of crispy M&Ms and they're much more fun than sit-ups :D
posted by Bug @ 11:51 am  
4 Rantings:
  • At 6:54 pm, Blogger Léonie said…

    When was your actual birthday? Happy birthday for it! And also.. can I have an M&M please?

     
  • At 12:49 pm, Blogger Bug said…

    My actual birthday was the 10th and I swear, I'm STILL full! You may have as many M&Ms as you want, m'dear, since it's not possible to stop at one or two, is it? More addictive than heroin, those things!

     
  • At 7:45 pm, Blogger Léonie said…

    I haven't had THAT much experience with the heroin, my school years were dull, but I have heard that M&Ms are the confectionery equivalent.
    Happy Birthday for two days ago! It sounds like it was a good one. I just celebrated in my own small way by eating an Aero in three seconds flat.

     
  • At 12:43 am, Blogger Bug said…

    Impressive! It better have been a peppermint Aero though, mmm . . .

    And like I've tried heroin! I'm a NERD! (not that nerds are the only people who don't shoot up, but you know) Drugs are not my thing. Drinking? Yeah, that's my thing (along with M&Ms, obviously. Oh, and Kettle chips. Ooh, Kettle chips). I'm on my second bottle of wine for the day. My poor liver's probably like a lump of concrete at this stage!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates