Friday, May 20, 2005
Ha! My first top 5!
I was reading this morning about a poll released in the UK of the sexiest voices in show business, male and female, and I thought I'd like to disagree, since a) Yahoo! Messenger, who conducted the poll, only interviewed 1000 people, and that's just crap, and b) they voted David Beckham number 5 and while he has a pretty enough face (if you like the vacant look), his voice is SHIT!
Almost everyone I know when they talk about him will say "yeah, he's cute, except when he opens his mouth" or "yeah, he's a good player but what a wussy voice" or "yeah, his hair's cool but he's got a whingey way of talking" (by the way, the only person I know who thinks his hair's cool is my evil sister's metrosexual boyfriend. I think it's only the metros who like his hair)
So anyway, I disagree with their poll and as I have no brain cells today (due to a raging cold that I'm SURE will kill me before the day is over) and therefore no inspiration for anything more interesting, I'm doing my top 5 sexiest male show business speaking voices (I'd be here all day if I was doing singing voices), in no particular order (since order would require thinking):
1) Josh Hartnett
I don't even particularly like Josh Hartnett, although I really liked "40 Days and 40 Nights" and he wasn't bad looking in it, but he has a sexy voice, deep and kind of soothing

2) Vin Diesel
I know, I know, but it is a great voice. Some movie reviewer or other described it as monosyllabic, but in "Fast and the Furious"? When he says "let's go for a little ride"? Oh I swooned

3) Nick Duigan
Now you're going "who??". He's a presenter on a fishing show where he and his mate (they're both actually journos) tour around my state and give kind of a dummies guide to fishing. It sounds a bit stupid but it's the funniest show, they're great. And Nick's both yummy-looking and has a deep, smiley voice, my favourite kind

4) Kiefer Sutherland
Just watch "The Lost Boys" if you don't understand. When people talk about 'whiskey and cigarette' voices, I imagine Kiefer Sutherland

5) Marilyn Manson
Say whatever you want about his music or his make-up (or his girlfriends), there's nothing sexier than a deep, calm, intelligent voice. Yummy

Honourable mentions: Hugh Jackman, Fred Durst, Matthew Goode, Chad Michael Murray, Mark Hoppus
Your thoughts? Your opinions? Your contributions?
posted by Bug @ 1:16 pm  
1 Rantings:
  • At 2:49 am, Blogger Léonie said…

    Oh I son't really know.. Is it wrong that I'm not really listening to them so much as weighing up the physical attributes? Am shallow.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates