Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Just a bit of a life update
  • SO I was NOT out with a boy as Bug thought I was, last Wednesday. I was out with some girlfriends. The said boy and I are FRIENDS, so even if we were out together, it would be in a friendly way. I am still deeply disturbed about the way Bug came to think we (the boy and I) were out together though. A mutual male friend bumped into Bug at the Big Food Festival and told her that "Cec and Mark are finally out together" or something along those lines. This disturbed me because I hadn't realised that it was such common knowledge amongst the friend group members that Mark 'fancies' me. In fact, I'd rather hoped that Mark had stopped 'liking' me by now. Oh well, he's off to Antarctia via South America in a few weeks - hopefully he'll fall in love with a beautiful, passionate Chilean girl and bring her back to Hobart.
  • I'm currently having lunch. It may only be 10.43 am, but I'm hungry now.
  • I just got my first draft of my article back from my supervisor (I'm currently writing an article about my plants and fire, soil health and vascular plant seed success I'm intending to have published in a scientific journal). I was dreading this event, because usually my first drafts are covered in so much red pen I can barely make out what I had originally written. But I was pleasantly surprised to discover whole pages without any red pen, just a tick at the bottom of the page, and a message at the end saying that she's impressed!
  • My supervisor's message has made me feel very happy, and I think I'm going to forgive her for making me go bush at 6 am tomorrow morning with her, meaning I have to get up at 4.15 am. * Important note to self: buy some diet coke so you don't fall asleep while driving the three hours to your study sites and back again on highly dangerous windy roads.
  • My officemate is still not back from her Christmas holidays. This is a good thing, because I'm in a pretty disgusting state, with lots of sniffing, nose blowing, and hacking coughing. I'm also a bit worried about how she'll take my cleaning. She may see it as me muddling in areas outside my own domain (ie my own office and shelves). OH MY GOD SHE JUST WALKED IN! Polite chit-chat all round. She hasn't commented on my cleaning. Oh, I forgot to tell you all, I cleaned the inch of dust off the surfaces in our office, and had a big chuckout of all the rubbish littering said surfaces (except her desk and bookshelves, of course).
  • My officemate is something of a grot, and that's pretty rich, coming from me, Miss Messy. For example, would you like to know what happens if you leave a half drunk mug of tea on your desk for 15 days? I can tell you, from looking at the example that is still on her desk. On day one, it was just a congealed lumpy brown mess. By day 15 however, an amazing metamorphosis has taken place. All the liquid has evaporated, leaving a dried teabag that appeared to be stuck to the bottom and side of the mug. Large spots of furry blue mould have blossomed on the teabag, and around the bottom of the mug. Smaller spots of greeny-white mould surround the larger blue circles.
  • I had a very enjoyable New Year. Probably my best yet. This was my fifth New Year's Eve at work. We finished work at 2.45 am on New Year's Day, then sat around drinking at work until 4.10am. Then a group of the original 'girls' went to one of the girl's houses, where we found her boyfriend and a group of his friends still quietly celebrating. We continued on drinking until about 7.30am, rested for a couple of hours, then went out for breakfast. It was so busy it took us an hour to get a glass of juice, so breakfast went on until lunch time. Not a big new year, by any means, but it was very pleasant having drunken philosophical discussions at 6am, and breakfasting without having had any sleep at all, and still being wired on Red Bull.
posted by Cecilia @ 10:37 am  
1 Rantings:
  • At 2:08 pm, Blogger Bug said…

    I would like to point out that this group of friends Cec was celebrating with included my friend Alex's GORGEOUS punky brother Sam. Which, you know, you probably don't care about but HE'S. SO. CUTE.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates