Wednesday, July 06, 2005
Oh the shame
* leave, madré, this one's not for your eyes *
Ok, one of my tarty stories that I was SO not going to tell you but I find myself encouraged by the universe to share:
Readers of my blog (hello, all 5 of you!) will remember that I took a sort of vow to behave myself late last year. You know, with boys. And kissing and stuff. And, like, sex. As in, not to have it randomly. And I've pretty much kept it so far which, if you knew me in my previous incarnation, you would recognise as a REALLY GOOD EFFORT
But anyway. I was out and about (SUCH a daggy phrase) one Saturday about 6 weeks ago and had had a couple of drinks - more like a couple of dozen - and was at Iso (which I DON'T like but whatever, it was the only place still open) standing above the dance floor watching people dance and laughing at the people trying to dance (I know. I'm mean) when I noticed a HOT guy at the bar. And I mean smokin' HOT. Gorgeous. Yummy. Scrummy. Sexy and dishevelled and swarthy and European-looking (I'm a sucker for the Mediterranean look. Italians, mmm) and just generally delicious
So I was about 3 metres away from a HOT guy in this dark, smokey club but I could still see that he was looking at me and he could see that I was looking at him and then he left his friends at the bar and walked right past me without giving me a second glance. Well fuck that! I hadn't been giving a HOT guy my 'look' (yes, I have a look. I'm like Zoolander, only not as Ben Stiller-y) for nothing so I went after him. I got to the top bit of the club and he was sitting on a bench waiting for me. He walked up to me without saying a WORD and pushed me against the wall and snogged me (which would have been GREAT had he been a good kisser. Which he was NOT *sigh*) and then asked if I wanted to go for a walk
No, I'm not that naive. I knew that was code for "I want a bit" but he was HOT and I was DRUNK so I thought "fuck it, why not?" and went for a 'walk'
I'm not going to go into great detail because ew, my brother reads this but while no, I didn't sleep with him, there was a bench under a light in the middle of the wharf (where half the pubs are) and he went home smiling. Ok? Reading between the lines?
Don't get all disenchanted and gross-she's-a-tart with me cos trust me, I doubt I'd have gone with him sober
Although he was HOT
But here's the weird thing. The freaky thing. The more than slightly disturbing thing. Boo was reading the paper at my house yesterday and suddenly burst into hysterical laughter. She thrust the paper at me and watched me, still laughing, waiting for my reaction. I thought she was crazy until I looked at the page: the newspaper does little blip interviews with random people on the street every week and this week they had decided to interview the HOT guy!
No darlings, that's not the weird, the freaky, the more than slightly disturbing thing. What made Boo turn herself inside out with laughter was the fact that this HOT guy... is 18!!!!
I'm 22!!!!
That's just WRONG! My SISTER and her friends are that age! And they're KIDS!
I should never be allowed to drink. More especially cos Boo is NEVER going to let me live this one down!
p.s. He was Portugese. Viva la sexy Europeans!
posted by Bug @ 8:13 pm  
5 Rantings:
  • At 9:32 pm, Blogger Léonie said…

    If it's any consolation - do you remember me talking about my not-so-recent-anymore ex? He was 3 1/2 years younger than me.
    Younger than my little sister.
    I KNOW. Explains a lot..
    European men may have the whole dark, mysterious thing going on, but you guys have the strapping surfer-y types, so it's a pretty even trade-off, really.

     
  • At 10:35 pm, Blogger chindi said…

    The guy my wofe cheated on me with, well, he is 4 years younger than the both of us. That really ticks me off. What makes it worse is the jackass is a tire salesman (I think he should be our first villian. We'll call him rubber man). Now, I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with someone his age (because there isn't really) but the fact that he was 4 years younger than me, and works selling tires got me real fired up.

     
  • At 12:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    at least youre not like *some* people, who secretly quite like their cousins 17/18 year old friends- because *some* people are sick.(and *some* people so badly want a boyfriend, its disturbing..)

     
  • At 6:20 pm, Blogger Bug said…

    I know the age thing is not really a big deal, but I'm so used to being interested in older guys - for instance, current crush Jeremy is 31 - that even fooling around with a teenager (a TEENager!) feels strange

    And Lélé (I feel the need for a nickname. Tell me if that's just weird or hated), I USED to pine for the surfer-y types but about a year ago, I went from fancing blonde-haired, blue-eyed, tanned pretty boys (I know, such a cliché), to being interested in tall, dark, pierced/dyed/tattooed/goth/punk boys. I don't know what it is

    My friendly neighbourhood readers (ie. Lélé - any preferences? - Doug and Monkey, oh and BooBoo, of course. And anyone who potentially reads this but doesn't comment) tell me what your 'types' are. And don't insist that you don't have a type cos EVERYone has a type that they go for more often than not

    Come on, darlings, share time!

     
  • At 10:37 pm, Blogger chindi said…

    My best friend always said my girlfriends looked the same, but I never really see it. I will have to honestly say, I don't think I really have a type. I have some specifications (that sounds cold) though. The woman has to be smart (not just book smart, I mean smart to the point that even drunk, a conversation can turn from the mundane to something deep) and she has to be funny. I was never into real high maintnence girls (you know, the ones that just to go to work spend 3 hours in the bathroom putting on makeup, doing thier hair and nails and wears all the latest designer clothes). I couldn't give you a hair color or eye color because I think hair styles and colors look better on some people than others. The whole picture has to fit together. Oh, and I'm not a breast man if you want to get into just the drooling thing. I was always more into asses but still prefer to have a wholly well rounded individual.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates