Friday, October 07, 2005
Low pants and high underwear
I am currently rather sick of the trend of hipster jeans and pants for girls, and baggy below-the-hips jeans for boys. Well, it's not so much this trend itself that annoys me as the apparant inability of people following this fashion to couple the low-rise pants with suitably low-rise underpants
About fifteen minutes ago, there was a bloke going into a lecture room here at uni wearing baggy dark denim jeans and a charming pair of blue-checked boxer shorts. I knew all about his undergarment because they were poking up at least two inches over the top of his jeans
At the hell-on-earth that I attend periodically (otherwise known as a gym) I am contemplating a few well-chosen words into the ear of the ridiculously skinny and toned girl who consistently wears a high-rise g-string (black lace is her favourite) and tight, hip-hugging exercise pants and hunches up over an exercise bike, pedelling furiously for prolonged periods of time, thereby exposing her back and black lace g-string, because of course she also wears a short, tight exercise top that has no chance of ever meeting with the back of her exercise pants. Or stuff the well-chosen words, I'd just like to grab hold of that g-string and, while giving her an even bigger wedgie than she is currently enjoying, shout at her 'I don't WANT to look at your underwear while I'm exercising.' Or doing what for me passes as exercising. And no, I'm not deliberately staring at her g-string, it's just that the exercise bikes are in front of the treadmills and elliptical trainer, and short of turning my head to the side and gazing at the people either side of me, or shutting my eyes (which makes me fall over - I've tried it) I have to gaze at her back, and therefore at her g-string
Now, I too have hipster jeans. I am not a fashion-hating frump. With these jeans I wear two all important, readily available items:
1) A belt. These can be in themselves fashionable items.
2) Low-rise hipster undies. Yes, there is such a thing, and they are readily available at all stores now. You can even get low-rise g-strings if you so desire. Personally, I favour cute little hipster undies as sold by Target, with disney characters on them. In fact, I only brought some new ones yesterday, with Tinkerbell, Mickey Mouse and the witch from Snow White on them. Target is having a sale this week in their underwear department. I might just tell g-string girl...
posted by Cecilia @ 12:06 pm  
5 Rantings:
  • At 8:35 pm, Blogger Léonie said…

    I can't read your post! It's all strange (colour-wise).
    Will you change it? Or am I supposed to be wearing my 3D glasses?

     
  • At 10:11 pm, Blogger chindi said…

    I had to cut and past to read. I too lost my 3D glasses. As a male, I can assure you there is nothing sexier than a woman who has her underwear sticking so far out of her pants, you could hang her on a nail in the wall. Um, not really. For me, a tease of underwear is one thing, full fledged down and out panaoramic views of the undies is another. I'm rambling again aren't I.

     
  • At 4:39 am, Blogger Bug said…

    At least G-string Girl is better than Armpits, right? Who, just so you know, was at Irish tonight, in true Hobart fashion :)

    But yes, skanky showing-of-the-underwear is NOT my favourite look. There are MUCH classier ways to get attention, if someone HAS to look for it

     
  • At 8:28 pm, Blogger Anon said…

    I need to join your gym!

    Quick!

     
  • At 1:05 am, Blogger Léonie said…

    If you're going to use underwear to get attention I reckon your best bet is to wear it on your head. That always causes a stir.
    And.. what the FUCK? Exercising in a thong? Must be the least comforatble thing in the world.
    And.. C.. breeeathe...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates