Wednesday, October 05, 2005
A potentially tricky situation
As I said, I have a new crush, which is great because I LOVE having crushes and I haven't had one for a while. I love the giddy feelings and the silly smiles and the racing heart, even the fluttering stomach (which, incidentally, makes me hungry. I know, definitely one of the weirder side effects of a crush)
Y
So anyway, the newbie is tall-ish, dark (although he dyes random bits of his hair all the time - currently purple) and very buff (which is usually not all that much of a turn on for me but on him, all good). He's also a bartender (of course), 22 years old, has a gorgeous smile and is supposed to be kind of shy. He's single, studying commerce at uni and lives in a house that apparently smells like feet (I have no idea) with three other guys
Y
But you know how I know all this? Because his sister Alex is a friend and workmate of mine. I mean, obviously I know what he looks like independently of her and I actually fancied him before I even knew her, but she talks about him all the time, he being her adored big brother
Y
It just seems that there's SO much potential for it to go pear-shaped. I mean, not that I'm expecting anything to happen with him, however much I'd like it to. But what if he and I did get together and it went badly - would that ruin Alex's and my friendship? What if she and I were out one night and I saw him with some other girl and was mopey about it - would she then feel obliged to do the friend thing and be shitty with him?
Y
You know? It just seems like a bad idea to fancy a friend's brother. I know it always seems to happen in American movies and books (as well as two dating teenagers finding out their parents are dating too - why do they do that?? It's gross, not a cute plot twist) but for my whole life, my friends have almost all been the eldest in their families so I've never really MET a friend's older brother before
Y
But on the upside? He's so CUTE and he seems NICE (in a non-"you're a nice guy, but..." way) and he's a BARTENDER and I LIKE him!
posted by Bug @ 1:41 pm  
1 Rantings:
  • At 11:54 pm, Blogger chindi said…

    Depends on how close you and Alex are. If close enough that you would see her brother more than you want (assuming a breakup) then not good. If you wouldn't see him, then give it a shot. Oh, I have no idea why they put those things in american movies. That crap just DOESN'T happen, or at least not to me.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates