Sunday, September 25, 2005
Cec's and Bug's AFL Grand Final Saturday Night, From Cec's Point of View
1. Doing the fun girly make-up getting-ready-to-go-out thing at Bug's house.
2. Choking on a shot of tequila and burning my throat out (very amusing from Bug and Boo's point of view I'm sure).
3. Learning a new drinking technique from Boo in order to assist me down the much-hated but sorely needed Redbull (focus on a poster or something on the wall and think everything you can about it in order to take your mind off the disgusting drink).
4. Being tipsy after 1 1/2 shots of tequila (again, Bug and Boo found this amusing).
5. Seeing this bloke called Mark that we went to school with at Irish the pub and I hadn't seen in about five years. He was soooo out of it on something and the daft grin on his face as his out-of-focus highly-diluted pupils slowly focused on me with dawning recognition was hilarious.
6. Mark being nowhere near as tall as I remember. I swear he's shrunk, because I sure as hell haven't grown in height.
7. Mark is dating a girl I work with, Zara. She (and quite a few other girls in the Hobart area) think he's very sexy. Well, I suppose he is a bit, in a rugged dark-haired way. I realised (and Bug supported me) in horror that HE LOOKS LIKE MY DAD!! Well, a younger version, anyway. In 25 years Mark will look just like my dad does now, only he has acne scars and dad never got pimples (now why didn't he pass those genes on to me?).
8. Being chatted up by gross shearers from Victoria, who repeatedly asked 'where are you from?' Avoiding gross shearers after this.
10. Dancing on the jam-packed dancefloor at Irish to Ethel the Frog beside this couple who needed to GET A ROOM! Or even a bit of space in a darkened corner of the Wharf. ANYWHERE other than a crowded dancefloor. Serious make-out session with lots of lurching about crashing into people.
11. NEARLY GETTING INTO A REAL, HONEST TO GOD BITCH-FIGHT!!! I have never physically had a 'scrag fight' with other female. An exciting moment for me! And I was ready and raring for a bit of hair-pulling. Mark and Zara were dancing beside Boo and I (Bug was visiting the ladies). I think Zara bumped into this ugly dark-haired girl who resembled a bull-dog, knocking bull-dog girl's drink on the floor and onto her. Bulldog went crazy, and was yelling at Zara (not that you could hear on a packed dance floor with a very loud live band about 4 metres away), while her weak-looking friends muttered loudly. Mark was such a gentleman and put himself between bulldog and her five female mates and just kept dancing on, his back to them facing Zara, but bulldog started pushing him, so he turned around, still dancing and Zara was behind him, kind of looking on in disbelief as I was. Bulldog was still yelling, and reaching over Mark's shoulder to push Zara several times, who I had my arm about while I attempted to look very butch and tough and menacing. But then for some reason Bulldog just backed off. Must have been my menacing expression. I so could have taken at least two. I had visions of getting in a real-honest-to-god girl-rumble and being pulled apart by bouncers and thrown out only to continue fighting outside until the police intervened.
Moral of this story: Obviously, don't take a drink onto a crowded dancefloor and complain when it's knocked out of the glass. Oh, and Redbull does 'give you wings'.
12. Going to the toilet at Irish and while waiting in line having a girl's head emerge under the toilet door like something from The Exorcist then disappearing again.
13. Having a very nice drink at another bar called Barcelona that Bug recommended that tasted like lychees. This was because it was made from lychees, Bug informed me.
14. Having to leave Barcelona because it was closing. New experience for me.
15. Going to Isobar the bar and heading onto the dancefloor to dance to another live band and then realising that the couple frantically pashing while bumping into everyone else were the same couple from Irish!!
16. Being chatted up at the bar by a footballer from Geelong (in Victoria) with nice blonde dreadlocks (I have a 'thing' for professionally done, well-kept dreadlocks that aren't too long). Then freaking out when he attempted (very gauchely may I add) to buy me a drink, telling the bartender that I would get my own drink, then taking my drink and running while leaving dreadlocks boy at the bar paying for his own drink. I am so out of my depth with the whole bar scene.
17. Going upstairs to Isobar the club and seeing people that Bug has been talking about for ages but I'd never met. They looked nothing like I had pictured them.
18. Going to Syrup (a nightclub) where I was flattered ridiculously by a bald bouncer (I swear at least half the bouncers in Hobart are bald) to which I had no idea how to act.
19. Bypassing the line thanks to Bug's bouncer connections and entering Syrup for the first time ever. Seemed like fun but very claustrophobic due to the massive amount of people. It was near impossible to force yourself through on the first floor. Can see how people get trampled to death. Realising that I have to do a whole lot more gym work and give up all foods that aren't green before I can dance happily on the second floor, the 'trance' floor. Acknowledge that this will never happen and sadly give up on any notions of returning and dancing here.
20. Bug very kindly agreeing to go home at about 3.30 with me despite her not wanting too.
21. Shaking non-stop in Bug's brother's bed (no he was not in it people! He's like an adoptive brother to me!) despite having already added a massive doubled-over furry blanket. Getting up, raiding the linin cupboard and adding another doubled-over blanket, and some socks, and pulling the covers over my head. Still shake, and cannot sleep.
22. Creep out of Bug's house to drive to my own house, while praying that there are no over-enthusiastic cops about doing random breath-tests early on Sunday morning, it being the day after the Australian Football League Grand Final, and a massive day of partying.
23. Continue to shake while trying to sleep in my own bed, despite having the electric blanket up as high as it will go and putting the furry little hot-bodied cat in bed with me. Decide that I am 'coming down' from Redbull, as I cannot possibly be cold, and I shook after the last two times I went out and drank it.
24. Give up on all thoughts of sleep for at least three days until the Redbull has worked its way out of my system. Decide to tell the whole world about our fun night out!
*
With a bit of an add-on from Bug
*
* The bald bouncer, who is very nice, if a little moody sometimes, TOTALLY fancied Cec (understandably, since she's cute as pie). It was groovy
*
* I have a DREADFUL crush. He's SO sexy and he's a bartender (of course, being me) and he's my friend's brother which seems like a NOT good situation to me. Besides the fact that I have LOST my ability to FLIRT so I'm utterly USELESS around a crush-worthy, babely type!
*
* I suspect that Cec is being too kind and that I sighed and acted put out when she wanted to go home. I hope I didn't but if I did? Sorry, my love
*
* It MUST have been the Red Bull making Cecilia shake and not sleep since it was HOT in my house last night (well, this morning, really!)
*
* Mark recognising Cec was VERY funny. He was FRIED! Moral of THIS story: don't do drugs. They're stupid
*
* Cec will be going back to Syrup. I'll be making sure of that
*
* Lastly, and most importantly, ETHEL THE FROG ROCK!!!!!
posted by Cecilia @ 1:48 pm  
4 Rantings:
  • At 8:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sounds like a good night then!
    i do the werid shakey-shakey-so-cold thing too...and i dont like it at all

     
  • At 2:12 am, Blogger chindi said…

    Cec, sounds like you spend those nights out pretty much the same way I do.

     
  • At 4:22 am, Blogger Anon said…

    I never drink red bull anymore. I used to go on Vodka red bull binges, and when I finally went to bed I’d be up all night from chest pains. It's not just the fact that red bull keeps you awake, it was also making me ill. So the moral of THIS story is steer clear of red bull, you've been warned!

    And Ethel the frog??? Please tell me you're not talking about that crazy frog song!!!! Or am I confusing myself here?

     
  • At 1:48 pm, Blogger Bug said…

    Ethel the Frog have NOTHING to do with that stupid crazy frog, thank GOD!

    They're Hobart's BEST pub band and I LOVE them and I go out dancing to them almost EVERY weekend. And the lead singer's hot, which helps a BUNDLE, although he can also sing up a storm so I'm not TOTALLY vacuous (only mostly)

    I THINK they're named after a Monty Python sketch, which does show SOME tendency towards idiotic senses of humour, but hey, I'll excuse them as long as they keep being great to watch

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates