Saturday, May 06, 2006
Busy, but not a lot happening really.
Hello folks! Sorry for the lack of life updates on this site, but really, what's the point of updating if not a lot has been happening? Actually, I have been really busy but not with interesting things. Just a lot of waitressing work, and uni stuff, oh, and now I have school sores all over my face so I'm not going anywhere. I am seriously annoyed about the school sores. If you are not familiar with school sores, they commonly afflict dirty little school children who spread them about as they're highly contagious (hence the name) and they look like large red lumps, then get a large yellow top like a blister, except instead of being filled with fluid (like a blister) or pus (like pimples) the yellow stuff is solid. Then it forms a nice, yellowish crusty scab. I caught them from my friend's daughter, who I saw ONCE, as they were first coming out and her mum didn't know what they were, and who kissed me on the cheek (she usually kisses on the lips which I do NOT like unless you are related to the child, like, mother/daughter, but she had a cold so went for the cheek). Nine days later my first school sore surfaces. Her mother, who has been sharing the same towels, pillows and being showered in little girl kisses and hugs, has NOT contracted the embarrassingly horrid-looking sores. I had booked in for a nice waxing appointment on Friday (bikini, eyebrow and lip) which I had to cancel because they didn't want to touch highly contagious me. They wouldn't even do my bikini line and that's nowhere near my face! I have been dying to get my eyebrows shaped and waxed, but I was waiting until Friday so they'd look nice for Monday, when I'm going to Melbourne for the day to have my first appointment with the plastic surgery clinic. I wanted to look nice and sophisticated and like I am wealthy and pop in and out plastic surgery clinics all the time, and I have a fashionable yet suitably grown-up outfit all picked out. Unfortuntely, instead now I will have massive eyebrows (my beauty therapist has banned me from waxing or plucking them myself as she is trying to get them into a perfect shape, and as she is an absolute genius at eyebrows I will abide by her ban) and multiple large scabs around my face.
Oh well, maybe it will just reinforce to the plastic surgery people what a desperate case I am!
Of course, in the scheme of life, I am remarkably well off, and I really shouldn't complain about a few yellow scabs.

It is fast approaching Bug's 23rd birthday. It's on 10th May, so this Wednesday. Please, everyone, join with me in wishing her a happy year! We are planning on getting well drunk next Saturday night and having a bit of a dance, and I'm planning on vomiting on that weak pathetic fruit boy (who stars in a video with Bug and has been ignoring her in person yet emailing her) for being so pathetic and not standing up to his drop-kick friends. And if they want to be that damn traditionally Greek, go back to bloody Greece. We're a lot more liberal in Australia, and can quite frankly do without their outdated views on women. Hmm, that sounded quite intellectual. I might rant that at fruit boy and his friends before I vomit on him.

As Monkey has never heard of school sores (actually known as impetigo) I thought I'd include a disgusting picture (trust me, this is a good case. If you do a google image search for impetigo there are such disgusting pictures. Some of it covering entire faces and limbs) and some little facts about impetigo just for Monkey. I only had four little impetigos around my face, and one larger one, about the size of a pound coin. But you can now see why I was hugely annoyed about getting this disease, can't you?



"Impetigo, a contagious skin infection that usually produces blisters or sores on the face and hands, is one of the most common skin infections among kids. When impetigo is caused by group A streptococcus, it begins as tiny blisters. These blisters eventually burst and leave small wet patches of red skin that may weep fluid. Gradually, a tan or yellowish-brown crust covers the affected area, making it look like it has been coated with honey or brown sugar."

"Impetigo is contagious and can spread to anyone who comes into contact with infected skin or other items, such as clothing, towels, and bed linens, that have been touched by infected skin." - SUCH AS PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN KISSED ON THE CHECK BY OVER-AFFECTIONATE FRIEND'S DAUGHTERS!

From: http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/bacterial_viral/impetigo.html
posted by Cecilia @ 2:03 pm  
3 Rantings:
  • At 8:32 am, Blogger Bug said…

    The vomit might cancel out the intelligence of your rant, my love :)

    Now. I talked to you on FRIDAY and you didn't tell me you were going to MELBOURNE, wench!!! Good luck with it, hope the doctor says what you want (although I want him to say the truth, which is that you're perfet as you ware) and that we can have a smashing old break there when you get it done

     
  • At 6:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok im commenting on this after your trip, but i did read it before then. i vote for the rant over the throwing up, as funny as it sounds in a south park sort of way, im not sure i could even READ about it comfertably.

    and the rash thing...ive never heard of that- australia is a hazardous place, i hope the annoying snake daredevil man catches it from his kid...

     
  • At 4:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ouch.

    i think i might have heard of impetigo actually- i would look it up but i borrowed my grans medical dictionary to look up some stuff for work and there were so REALLY horrible photos in it, i havent recovered yet

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates