Monday, April 03, 2006
My First Ever Tag! How Exciting!
What were you doing 10 years ago?

I was 13, and in Year 8 at high school. I was just developing what I though were REALLY BAD pimples. They probably weren’t all that bad, looking back on it. But very few other girls in my year had pimples, so I thought they were disastrous. And I’d realised that I wasn’t going to ‘grow into’ my nose after all. It was probably my worst year of high school, actually. I was betrayed by two friends (they broke into my homeroom at school on a weekend and then wrote graffiti all over the room and my desk about what a slut I was – considering I hadn’t even kissed a boy that was a bit harsh, I think), and then had to for group counselling with the school counsellor (Father Bob) for being mean to them (one of them was stupid enough to tell two other girls at school that it was them that had done the graffiti and the breaking and entering, then was stupid enough to not understand why no-one then wanted to be her friend). Plus my friends were doing quite a lot of marijuana that year, and I felt a bit out of it because I wasn’t.

What were you doing 5 years ago?

This was my first year of uni. I was feeling quite stupid, as I’d gone from topping most of my classes in high school to being one average smart student in classes of 150 very smart students. Plus I wasn’t really enjoying my subjects that much as I had to do the four basic ecological science subjects of Botany, Zoology, Geology and Geography and couldn’t really understand how chopping up starfish and cockroaches could possibly benefit me in the future.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

This time last year I was highly confused. I’d returned from two months in Japan and Europe on Christmas Eve, then had to return to my casual jobs as a waitress and in a filthy fresh produce store (that one I really didn’t want to return to) in order to pay off my credit card. I’d finished uni, but there were basically no job prospects in Tasmania for me (I know people I graduated with who are STILL looking for jobs using their degree), and I wasn’t 100% sure I wanted to do a PhD. All I knew was that I didn’t want to leave Hobart just yet. I was being driven crazy by people asking me “what are you going to do now?”

5 Snacks I enjoy:

- Basically any form of chocolate, preferably Cadburys (except Turkish Delight) or Nestle. I’ve recently rediscovered dark chocolate bountys.
- Samboys BBQ chips, the best chips (crisps to those Brittishers) in the world.
- Twisties or Cheezels.
- Chocolate roundabout biscuits (biscuit base, then a little dab of jam, then marshmellow, all covered in chocolate
- Camembert or Brie on watercracker biscuits (I get this at work sometimes).

5 Songs (you think) you know by heart:

- Many, many Christmas carols.
- Mr Big ‘To be with you’ – my wedding waltz song, should I ever recant my vow of never getting married.
- ‘Buttercup’ – have no idea who it’s by but it’s my favourite song. The most popular Hobart cover band (that plays all the old favs) that’s always playing at functions where I work always play it.
- Quite a few Beach Boys songs, including ‘I Get Around,’ ‘Little Deuce Coupe’ and ‘Surfing Safari’.
- Phantom Planet, ‘California’. How could I not know it? It’s the theme song for The OC!

5 things you would do with a LOT of money:

1) Pay off my HECS debt and buy my parents a new house (which Dad wouldn’t want, because he loves our current house, but mum would), buy them new cars and give them money to have nice things.
2) Go traveling, and take my Mum overseas wherever she wants to go (she’s never been) and take my Nan to France on a cargo boat that takes passengers (for some reason this is how she wants to get to France).
3) Give lots of money to The Dogs Home and The Cats Home (the Cats Home has a section full of cats ‘reduced to clear’ – they’re the older cats that no one wants! It’s so sad).
4) Buy a very funky heritage cottage (3 bedrooms) in a quite street (so my cats wouldn’t get hit by cars) somewhere about Hobart.
5) I really don’t know. Oh, yes I do. Open our (my work girls and I) fantasy nightclub. This is our favorite pastime at work for the past couple of months (alternating with ‘what would you have done if you were offered an Extreme Makeover). I’m the Operational Manager because I’m the most controlling and organised!

Bug and I have a lot of similarities - maybe that's why we are friends!


5 Things you would never wear

Dreadlocks
Skants (pants with a skirt attached. Such a stupid fashion).
A Wu-Tang or Dadda puffa jacket or other sundry Bogan fashions.
Any tee-shirt bearing such slogans as ‘Brunettes do it better’ or ‘Thank your boyfriend for me’.
Hair extensions.

5 Things you should have never worn:

- Those ugly sneakers I wore for my first two years of uni and thought were cute.
- My slut clothing, notably that red skimpy top.
- Those shiny black pants I used to wear out, coupled with red skimpy top.
- When I was 14-15 I had two tops I used to wear that only just came down to the end of my ribcage, leaving copious amounts of stomach exposed (it was flat then – ‘sigh’). One of these tops was also extremely low cut.


6 Things I enjoy doing

Reading and eating chocolate, especially when it’s cold and rainy outside and I’m all cosy inside.
Going to Body Pump. It’s bordering on an obsession now.
Going to Aqua Aerobics. Yep, getting obsessive now too.
Doing fun things with friends
Wasting time on the Internet. Am very good at that one.
Daydreaming about and researching future holidays.

5 Bad Habits

Eating too much
Eating lots of chocolate
Wasting time on the Internet
Hating my looks/body (this one seriously annoys Bug at times)
Being too controlling and bossy

People I would like to do this

Well, everyone seems to have done it except for Monkey.
posted by Cecilia @ 4:20 pm  
3 Rantings:
  • At 10:38 pm, Blogger chindi said…

    I think all women go through the slut clothing stage. What is with knowing the beach boys songs? granted I could sing along to a few of them myself (including the ones you mentioned). Have you planned your vacation for this year yet or are you like me and plan something and then change and then plan something else?

     
  • At 12:03 pm, Blogger Cecilia said…

    No vacation this year - new nose instead! A couple of possibilities for next year though - it depends on which friends (if any) save up the money!

     
  • At 1:32 pm, Blogger Bug said…

    Your looks thing doesn't ANNOY me, it frustrates me because I think you're extremely cute!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates