Saturday, October 22, 2005
Notes from my travels
Since my brain, having been SO long deprived of a proper holiday (if you don't count those 3 months where I was, you know, UNEMPLOYED) has atrophied, I'm going with bullets rather than coherent sentences:
*
* I love my job. I really, really love my job. I was called into a meeting 2 days ago for a 'performance appraisal' which ended up being (as Boo said) a 'performance PRAISE-al', where for 45 minutes my boss and 2IC told my how great they think I am. It was fabulous
*
* mango, passionfruit and ginseng wine is LOVELY. As is Absolut Vanilia (especially with apple juice)
*
* I've fallen for a friend of mine (don't get me wrong, I still have a mad thing for my friend Alex's brother, but he's moving to Queensland in 3 months and I'm not so that puts a dampner on the whole chatting up thing). My friend, William, is my OLD type (that is, blond haired, blue eyed, short and cuddly - SO the opposite of my current tall, dark and punky type) and he's also both a complete man-whore and currently has a girlfriend. He also is into the "Barbie" types. And I am so not a Barbie. I really fancy Alex's brother, he's both gorgeous AND seems to be a really nice guy, but I just seem to be head over for Will. I'm trying to suppress it though since, for one, he's a WRONG kind of guy and two, he's a friend and that's just BAD
*
* I've gotten back into the oldies: Etta James, Frank Sinatra, Michael Bublé (I know he's not old, but you know what I mean), The Police, Dave Brubeck, all that sort of stuff. It's so great to have on in the background while I'm lounging on the couch with a good book. Although I've never really NOT listened to The Police, so that's kind of irrelevant
*
* it looks like my sister might be on the outs with her corruptive boyfriend (who I actually like, but who I indirectly hold responsible for she and I falling out). Dang
*
* why in the name of all that is windswept and tropical would ANYone live in Florida when it is CONSTANTY flattened by hurricanes??? Dude, I know it's warm, but please, MOVE TO CALIFORNIA! Earthquakes aren't going to DROWN you and flood your HOUSE!!
*
* tzatziki is fabulous AND low fat. The perfect dip with rice crackers or wafers. Also? Jalapeno and cheese bagels with cream cheese are TO. DIE. FOR
*
* finding a gnarly rental property that also allows pets is HARD
*
I think, on that OH so poignant note, that I should got to bed. I'm supposed to be going shopping mid-morning but sorry Cec! Ain't happenin'!
*
Nighty-night, my lovelies xo
posted by Bug @ 2:17 am  
1 Rantings:
  • At 4:19 am, Blogger chindi said…

    I never understood the fascination with Florida either. I have started to listen to some old Depeche Mode as of late. I think you should still go shopping.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates