Tuesday, November 15, 2005
A little reminiscing
Do you ever think about what you were doing this time last year? I've been doing it every single day since the 10th November, when I suddenly realised 'Shit! This time last year I was in Japan!' Since then, I've been thinking about what I was doing every day this time last year. On this day last year I was in London. Hello to all you Londoners! London is very, very fun and interesting (to put it extremely mildly). I think that today one year ago I was in Hampton Court, deliriously happy and in I think a state of shock that I was walking in the very corridor where Katherine Howard ran down to beg King Henry VIII for her life, and treading in the very hall where my all time favourite royal, Queen Elizabeth I, used to dance. Even though I was seriously considering pushing my travelling companion off a battlement or onto some traintracks, I still had some amazingly happy moments in London. You know, the moments when you are filled with such absolute rapture and wonder and joy that it's beyond description.
(Absolutely massive sigh)
And now I'm here in a dreary little computer lab at uni doing no work yet with oodles of work to do, with no hope of going overseas again for at least three more years, because I only get 2 weeks off a year and I'm not paying $2000 to get to Europe only to spend 2 weeks there.
(Even more humungous sigh)
At least it's sunny. And we're having spaghetti bolognaise for dinner. Okay, so it's not on the same level as walking over Tower Bridge, but at least it's something!
posted by Cecilia @ 2:31 pm  
0 Rantings:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates