Thursday, February 01, 2007
Nip/Tuck
Ok. Melbourne. Well, the first thing you need to know is that Cec is very, very pretty: five foot nothing of chestnutty hair and blue eyes and pale freckly skin and straight white teeth. She’s gorgeous. My male friends LURVE her
*
BUT, probably since puberty, Ceci has hated her nose. For someone so little and quite delicately boned, she’s always had a reasonably big nose. In my opinion this isn’t a bad thing (I quite like big noses, I think they’re a strong look) but she has HATED it with a passion for at least the last ten years. AND, since the woman has more money than things to spend it on, we went to Melbourne (translation: FAR away from disapproving parents and friends) so she could get rhinoplasty
*
As far as I can tell, the surgeon has thinned the bridge, re-shaped the tip (which has gone from being a hook to a ski-jump) and corrected her deviated septum (which was the only bit of her nose job I could actually understand. It wasn’t horrendous, but it WAS crooked)
*
And I wasn’t keen on Ceci having this surgery (more especially as she’s about to flit off to Europe for some time and could have spent the money on buying a Russian husband for me!) as she’s so pretty she didn’t need it and I’m positive she’s the only person who could see the faults she hated so much but her new nose, even still quite swollen as it is, is AWFULLY cute. She looks absolutely great! She’s gone from dreadfully cute to really quite smack-you-in-the-face adorable
*
She, of course, will have to tell you more about what went on at the clinic so please beg her for details (I’d like to know it all too!), and maybe to let you be emailed the before and after photos, because they’re groovy (I also have one of her bruised, bandaged and feeling very sorry for herself)
*
Honestly, her surgery was so trauma-free (as far as she’s told me! And if you discount the fact that someone died on that operating table last week) that it has me thinking again about getting MY cosmetic surgery done...
posted by Bug @ 8:49 am  
5 Rantings:
  • At 6:15 pm, Blogger Cecilia said…

    Bug is exaggerating about two things:

    1) I'm not pretty. And I'm not being modest either. She is biased as The Best Friend. I am however am in possession of a very cute nose ;)

    2) No one died on the operating table I was on! Okay, so some woman died somewhere in Australia whilst having liposuction (she was probably already so thin they sucked out her insides) but it definately wasn't where I was!

     
  • At 10:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello extra pretty

    i was right! only because you mentioned something about your nose ages ago.

    didnt it hurt....?

     
  • At 9:01 pm, Blogger Bug said…

    a) Cec IS pretty, just modest

    b) the woman died in North Caulfield! Is that not where you had your operation, Ceci?

    c) hello Monkey!!!

     
  • At 4:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello! how are you??

     
  • At 3:44 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    rhinoplasty
    will do good in the field of cosmetic surgery.As shaping or reshaping up of nose will add different and better look to the face.
    This will definitely improve one's look with well suited nose structure .

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates