Monday, November 06, 2006
The Night of the Maid
Seeing as dancingfairy was wondering what happened the night I went out dressed as a maid, I think I'd better finally oblige and fill her (and anyone else who was wondering) in.

I think I look good in that particular maid's outfit. Bug, what do you think? You just can't go wrong with micronet tights and lace, in my opinion. If only I looked so good in my usual uniform of servitude I might get a few more tips at work. We had a very enjoyable punch/dinner party at Rose's abode. I went easy on the punch given what has happened on previous punch parties. This could have been a mistake as I then had to go 'out' dressed as a maid still in full control of my senses. We went to a nightclub, with only Rose, Zoe, another girl called Heidi and I still in costume. The rest had gotten changed, the wusses. Rose was dressed as a girl guide. However, this girl guide uniform had belonged to her friend pre-puberty and Rose just wore the sleeveless tunic (no shirt underneath), sheer stockings and high heels. Zoe (another friend from work I don't think I've mentioned) was wearing my denim cut-off shorts that I last wore when I was 13 (because that was the last time I could fit into them) and a shirt tied up at the waist - she was a builder. Heidi was a surgeon in scrubs. I made sure I stuck close to at least one of these three so it was obvious I'd been to a costume party, I just hadn't decided to put on a maid's outfit to go out.

Once at the club I downed three tequila shots in quick succession and suddenly I didn't care at all that I was out dressed rather oddly. The feather duster did appear, I am sad to relate. Rose bent over and I dusted her bottom on the dancefloor. I have no idea why. Maybe to entertain the boys watching us.

The reason I haven't posted about this night out is that I was rather miffed after it. My pride took a severe denting. After we'd been at the club a couple of hours this tall, good-looking guy approached me on the dancefloor and asked if he could buy me a drink. I told him no, I was dancing. "Please?" he says again. "No." I replied again. I got occupied saying goodbye to Zoe, and whilst I was doing this potential drink-buyer had cornered Rose and was telling her that I was gorgeous, and did I have a boyfriend? Rose decided that he was nice, and promptly threw me into him. Literally shoved me into him, telling me that he was nice and hot and go and dance! So I did (it was her birthday, after all). And he WAS very nice and tall and appeared to be rather hot. I was wary of wearing the punch and tequila goggles but all the other girls have assured me that he was hot. So we did the whole dance-and-pash thing, which is something I never thought I'd do in plain view of the work girls (damn tequila, and chatted by yelling into each others ears. I actually couldn't hear him say his name so he took out his license and showed me it so I could read his name. And then we were typing messages into our mobile phones and giving it to the other to read (whilst dancing, that is). And he was showering me with compliments, which I was rather wary of. And the feather duster may have appeared, I must admit.

We went to sit down and had a proper chat filled with all the usual stuff, where he assured me he hadn't been attracted by the uniform, but drawn to my face (I was highly suspicious of this), and could tell on the dancefloor that I wasn't just gorgeous but intelligent too (I have no idea why and I think this was just a line, given what I was wearing. Unless wearing cute costumes is a sign of intelligence). And then he asked me out for dinner next week, and wanted me to set a date. I wouldn't set a date (couldn't remember when i was working plus didn't want to see him again in a lengthy dinner situation in case there was nothing to discuss whilst waiting for the food), so he was asking whether I'm free on weekends, or would a weekday be better, etc, and then could he please have my number. So I gave it to him, then said goodbye and that I'd better go back to my friends given that it was Rose's birthday, and he disappeared. I think he left immediately. His friends had already gone home to their girlfriends, he'd told me. The work girls were all very excited on my behalf and said how nice and hot he was.

AND THEN HE NEVER CALLED!!!!

Men are bastards. Now I know why I didn't bother with them for so long.

But I must say I was rubbing my hands together in glee that I'd 'picked up' (ew what an awful term) and Heidi hadn't. Heidi (friend of Frieda's who seems a bit psychotic in that she has been stalking her ex boyfriend and is now always desperate to 'pick up') had been DESPERATE to 'pick up' that night, as had been Rose. They had been prowling around the club all night. When she didn't succeed after two hours, Heidi wanted to move clubs. And Rose is so much prettier than I am. But they didn't succeed. Whereas I, who wasn't trying and wasn't out for that reason, did. He he he.
posted by Cecilia @ 4:45 pm  
5 Rantings:
  • At 8:03 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

    Thanks for finally telling the story! Sounds like you had a blast.

    Well if he didn't call then he wasn't worth it and you did get a snog from a hot man!

     
  • At 7:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    they are, all, bastards. t'is true.

    but it sounds like you had fun over all?

    ive never heard anyone say 'pick up' before

     
  • At 8:52 am, Blogger Bug said…

    Have you, my Ceci, ever gone out just to pick up, out of curiosity?

    As we discussed last week, maybe you gave him the wrong number. Maybe he's DESPERATELY trying to track you down and can't. Men ARE bastards, but it sounds like he was really keen so don't necessarily write him off as a louse just yet

    And yes, you looked very pretty in your maid outfit. Very, VERY drunk and very pretty

    (Internet people, I was up the hill and she was down the hill and we were chatting on the phone and I said "walk up the hill towards me" and she tried to walk across the road and down the hill and had NO idea. I SWEAR I told her about 17 times "walk UP THE HILL" and she couldn't get it. I had to go and get her in the end! :) You're a complete lush, Cec!)

     
  • At 3:08 pm, Blogger Cecilia said…

    Thanks Bug but I learnt all my drinking habits from you hon!

    Monkey, pick up is a most common expression. What is the UK equivalent?

    And of course not Bug! I have never gone out just to pick up. What would the fun of that be? There is no way I would if I was out just for that - as Heidi found out!

     
  • At 5:31 pm, Blogger Bug said…

    The UK equivalent is "pull". Think the Georgia books

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
All about us
Older rants
Old as the hills
Grooviness
Template pinched from
Free Blogger Templates